Monday, August 15, 2011

January ~ 2011

1. Sizzling Sixteen...Janet Evanovich
2. U is for Undertow...Sue Grafton
3. The Lost Hero...Rick Riordan


Just catching up on some series I like.


4. Cemetery Dance...Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child

The latest in the Pendergast series. Can't wait for the next one!


5. Port Mortuary...Patricia Cornwell

This book was "meh." It had such promise in the storyline, but the writing was really choppy. To be honest, it was hard to get through. Half the time I didn't know what was going on. And, of course, the ending was very anti-climatic. Boring, ho-hum, very disappointing.

I'm so sad because I really enjoyed the earlier books in this series.


6. Ape House...Sara Gruen

Loved it! There was actually a couple of parts that made me cry; both from horror and happiness. I've always been fascinated with Great Apes that could communicate with ASL or a Lexigram (like Koko the gorilla) and this book was full of it. I think I'm going to look for some non-fiction books on this topic.


7. Some Girls: My Life in a Harem...Jillian Lauren

This was an interesting book. I enjoyed the author's writing style. I wish she had gone into more details about her time in Brunei, but, overall, a good read.


8. Bone Magic...Yasmine Galenorn
9. Harvest Hunting...Yasmine Galenorn


10. Shakespeare's Landlord...Charlaine Harris
11. Shakespeare's Champion...Charlaine Harris
12. Shakespeare's Christmas...Charlaine Harris
13. Shakespeare's Trollop...Charlaine Harris
14. Shakespeare's Counselor...Charlaine Harris
15. Darkly Dreaming Dexter...Jeff Lindsay


I started a couple of new series. The Lily Bard series was really good (nothing like Sookie, but still good!) I really wish she would write more, but she said she is done with this one.

I got to watch one episode of the t.v. show Dexter and I liked it, so I wanted to read the books before watching anymore. I hear the first season follows the books, but the other seasons have original storylines.

After Dexter, I may start another Charlaine Harris series.


16. Dearly Devoted Dexter...Jeff Lindsay
17. Dexter in the Dark...Jeff Lindsay
18. Dexter by Design...Jeff Lindsay
19. Dexter is Delicious...Jeff Lindsay


This series was great! I loved that it was set in Miami, so I recognized a lot of the areas and cultural remarks. I hope he writes more and now I can't wait to watch the t.v. show.

No comments:

Post a Comment